so. my thoughts on the new Rings of Power teaser:
- yay, much better than the first, but oof, it’s still dreadfully CGI-heavy…
- Galadriel is literally perfect. negl, Morfydd Clark is 100% more like the Artanis I imagined when first reading the books than Cate Blanchett. s̶t̶e̶p̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶m̶y̶
- all my problems with Elrond Tarantino (fucking cannot unsee that now, thanks Alex XD) are just aesthetic, basically. he has the right air about him and his voice is gorgeous! just give him long dark hair already.
- I think, apart from the ACTUAL lore problems (and no, POC in Middle-earth do not subvert the lore, you racist jackasses), costume design is probably what bugs me the most. some of it is so uninspiring and some is just silly. Nothing’s made me gasp and think “omg, that’s beautiful” — the elven fashion actually is kinda boring. Which is just. I mean. What?
- actual lore problem example: dear everyone, Harfoots ARE hobbits, okay. they are Harfoot hobbits. Harfoot is just a breed. (which is a squicky word to use for sentient beings, but…) Saying “Harfoots are the ancestors of hobbits!” is like saying “Labradors are ancestors of dogs”. it’s nonsensical and untrue. stop. dear god please stop.
- giggling at the neckbeards moaning about baww Galadriel’s a badass but she’s a GIRL it’s not FAIR on MEN is my new favourite hobby